1) Angels of Light are Spiritual beings created by God with the sole purpose to do His will.
*See Heb. 1:14 Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation.
2) Angels of Darkness (or Demons) are Spiritual beings created by God with the sole purpose to do His will, but who chose to do their own will instead. Therefore they lost their place in Heaven.
*See Revelation 12:7-9 Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.
2. Need to discern between angels of light and angels of darkness.
*See 2 Cor. 11:14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.
1) All spirits from God must acknowledge that Jesus is the Christ who came to the world to die for our sin and redeem us from Satan's bondage. An angel of God will always glorify God.
*See 1 John 4:1-6 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world. You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.
2) Demons will have you to focus on themselves causing you to loose sight of God and become distracted from His will. Holy angels do not draw attention to themselves. They work quietly, most often behind the scenes, then when the work is done, they leave.
3) When an angel begins to tell you things that change God's Word, you know you are not speaking with a holy angel from God but a demon from hell. Satan misquoted the Scripture to Jesus. An angel from God will not give you instruction or guidance that deviates from what God has already said in His Word.
*See Galatians 1:8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse!
3. They are not divine and are not to be worshipped!
*See Rev. 19:10 At this I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “Don’t do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers and sisters who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For it is the Spirit of prophecy who bears testimony to Jesus.”
1) In this passage it says all who profess Jesus as their Christ are fellow servants to God. Remember, an angels entire reason for existing is to serve God. So if we are fellow servants we are designed to serve God also. Therefore if we refuse to obey we will face the consequences just like the angels.
*See 2 Peter 2:4 & 9 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment; if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment.
2) No where in the Bible do we see people praying to or directing angels. God's angels do not answer when you call to them! The angelic demonstration you will receive when you do this is from demons, disguising themselves as Gods angels.
3) They respond to the command of God.
* See Psalms 91:11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;
*See Psalms 103:20 Praise the Lord, you his angels, you mighty ones who do his bidding, who obey his word.
4) Even Jesus prayed to The Father for angels to come to his aid.
*See Matthew 26:53 Jesus said, Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels? (a legion is between 4000 and 6000, which means at least 72,000 angels.)
Just remember, when you start calling to angels, you end up talking to demons!