WHAT I BELIEVE
1) I believe in one God, the Creator of all things, Who exists in trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Read: I John 5:7; John 14:6-7; 1: 1-14; Genesis 1:26).
2) I believe that the entire Bible is the inspired Word of God and the infallible standard of faith and conduct. It is something very powerful. (Read: 2 Peter 1:19-21; 2 Timothy 3:16; Jeremiah 23:29; Hebrews 4:12).
3) I believe in the resurrection of the dead in Christ and at the final judgement those who are in Christ will enter into the eternal presence of God where there is no suffering, sickness, or sorrow. Those who are lost will will enter into eternal punishment in the lake of fire. (Read: 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17; Revelation 20: 12-15; 21:1-8).
4) I believe in the personal salvation of the believers through the blood shed by Christ Jesus on the cross and His resurrection in which we believe through faith and receive by grace. (Read: Romans 10:9-10; John 3:16-18; Ephesians 2:8-9).
5) I believe in the process of sanctification through the blood of Jesus Christ, the Word of God, the Name of Jesus Christ, and the power of the Holy Spirit. (Read: 1 Corinthians 6: 9-11; 1 Peter 1:2, 18-23; 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14).
6) I believe that believers should be baptized in water by immersion. (Read: Acts 2:38; Romans 6:1-11; Colossians 2:12).
7) I believe that Satan and his demons are the enemies of humanity. (Read: 1 Peter 5:8; Ephesians 6:12; 2 Corinthians 10:3-4))
- Satan, or the devil, is a fallen angel (Read: Luke 10:18), a created being, who, through pride and rebellion, was cast out of heaven (Read: Isaiah 14:9-17, Ezekiel 28:13-19).
- The demons are fallen spirits, or angels, which work under the orders of Satan, with the purpose of destroying the kingdom of God. The devil and his demons come to steal, kill, and destroy. (Read: Ephesians 6:12; Revelation 12:9; John 10:10).
- I believe in hell; it was created for Satan and his angels (Read: Matthew 25:41), and his eternal destiny is sealed. Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil, and He gave the believers authority over the power of Satan (Read: 1 John 3:8; Luke 10:18-20; Mark 16:17).
8) I believe in divine healing through faith, included in the atonement (redemption through the death of Jesus on the cross) (Read: Isaiah 53:4; 1 Peter 2:24; Mark 16:17-18).
9) I believe in the baptism in the Holy Spirit and the physical sign of speaking in other tongues, as the Spirit of God grants that we might speak (Read: Acts 2:4), and that this experience is different from that of being born again, and we believe that the manifestations of the fruit and the gifts of the Holy Spirit also will be manifested in a greater way after one is baptized in the Holy Spirit. (Read: Galatians 5:22-23; 1 Corinthians 12: 1-11; 14:1-33). We believe it is still available today to all who believe. (Read: Mark 16:17-18; John 7:38-39; 14:16-17,26; Luke 11:13).
10) I believe in and expect the personal and imminent return of the Lord Jesus. (Read: 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; 2 Thes.1:7; 2:1-3; Acts 1:11).
11) I believe in intense evangelism of the world and in missionary work in accordance with the Great Commission, in the laying on of hands and prayer for the sick, with signs following, and in making disciples (Read: Matthew 28:19-20; Mark 16:15-20; 2 Timothy 4:1-4) beginning with the very basis of society, which is the family. (Read: Acts 16: 30-34).
12) I believe in the church (local and universal) (Read: 1 Corinthians 12:12-14). The church, or body of Christ, is a spiritual organism of which Christ is the head (Read: Ephesians 1:22-23; 5:23-24). It is composed of all the believers in all parts of the world who have been born again (Read:1 Corinthians 12:27). The only way to enter the Body of Christ is through the new birth. The Local Church is part of the Universal Church. The Bible says that all the believers should be part of a local church (Read: Hebrews 10:25).
13) I believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit (Read: 1 Corinthians 12:1-11; Romans 12:6-8 ). The gifts of the Holy Spirit are supernatural manifestations given (by grace) by the Spirit of God to the believer. The five fold offices of the ministry are spiritual gifts, which are given to equip the church to fulfill its ministry until Christ returns (Read: Ephesians 4:11-16). We believe these 5 fold offices are in effect today and until the requirements in these verses are fulfilled.
14) I believe in participating in the Lord’s Supper. As a commemoration and remembrance of His death, the Lord Jesus ordained the Lord’s Supper. (Read: 1 Corinthians 11:23-32).
15) I believe in tithes and offerings. If we do not tithes and give offerings, we are robbing God, and this hinders us from receiving the blessings of God. As Christians we should even give over and above the tithe. (Read: Malachi 3:8-12; Luke 6:38; 2 Corinthians 9:5-7)